The registry of Tradable Instruments for Global Renewables (TIGRs) is created by APX as an online platform for tracking and transmitting renewable energy certificates (RECs), where developers can generate, verify and sell RECs.
- Validity period: one year
- Issuing body: TIGR Registry
- Issuing region: Bangladesh, China, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- Number of certificates issued: 2,624,825 (from 2015 to December 2021)
- Calculation method: Calculate the power generation from the power generation side and issue the certificate
- Tracking unit: Qualified Reporting Entity (QRE)
Operation and market mechanism
There are a variety of accounts for TIGRs due to the complicated issuance method, which can be divided into the following categories based on types and functions:
The existing TIGR market mechanism is not as clear as the certificate market in Europe and the United States due to cross-border issuance and different entrusted issuers of countries. Therefore, countries should be considered when seeking brokers and entrusted issuers for TIGR trade.
The price information has not been announced, considering the price has not been officially unified due to the large number of brokers and entrusted issuers.
Benefits of the certificate
Organizations and suppliers that recognize TIGRs:
- Renewable Energy Buyer's Alliance
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Science Based Targets Initiative
- We Mean Business Coalition
- Business Renewables Council
- Green-e Renewable Energy Standard for Singapore